It's become a tradition, I'm obsessed with making fun cakes for parties. My most recent cake featured Drunk Barbie on top of a hot pink cake after having one too many glasses of wine (or vodka!) Happy Birthday Andrea!
Drunk Barbie Loves Parties!
If you are planning a birthday party or bachelorette party for one of your girlfriends, this cake is for you! With simple modifications, Drunk Ken can make an appearance as well. This design is perfect for beginners and should only take you 15 minutes to decorate. Below is a list of items you'll need, but get creative and customize!
- Pillsbury Cake Mix Moist Supreme Strawberry, 15.25 oz
- 2 tubs of Pillsbury Funfetti Frosting Hot Pink Cake Icing
- 9-inch round baking pan
- A Barbie Doll - you have options here. I went the cheap route and purchased a used Barbie off of eBay for $4, or you can find a knock-off at your local Dollar Store.
- Minature dollhouse wine and champagne bottles - I purchased mine on Amazon, but eBay had plenty of options as well.
- Happy Birthday cake topper and candles
The Finishing Touches
Aside from dressing up the cake with sprinkles and candles, make sure Barbie looks like she's had the best night of her life. For my cake, I teased Barbie's hair slightly and add a bit of smeared black mascara under her eyes. The great thing about Barbie is that she can be totally customizable to your guest of honor - from hair color to wardrobe and shoes! Just make sure the candles are a safe distance away from Barbie's hair, otherwise, this masterpiece will go up in flames!